This solution covers for Earpiece Speaker problem on Nokia 500 with a
3.2 inches display, TFT capacitive touchscreen phone and runs in
Symbian Anna OS. If somehow when the speaker goes wrong and no
indication of any audio can be heard over the speaker during when a call
has made. This may sometimes happens due from like wet or water
damages, and any accidental damaged that might cause the speaker stop
This solution provides some simple
hints on how to fix it, just take a minute to analyze and locate the
speaker parts and the entire connection on the PCB board as shown on
the solution image below.
|GsmAngel Nokia 500 Earpiece Speaker Repair Solution|
1. Start to check with Speaker assembly, it is located at the top of the board behind the LCD screen.
2. Check for possible corrosion build ups, speaker terminal bending.
Clean it including the speaker terminal pads or aligned it again if
either the connection might be weak.
3. Check the speaker using a multimeter. Set the tester to X1 and check
if there is crackling sound can be heard and the tester responds. If no
indication of anything, the speaker is already burned out or damaged.
Replace it at once.
4. If the speaker is okay, and still there is no sound can be heard, check the firmware. Update it or do re-flash.
5. If the problem still exists, the possible faulty is the GAZOO ASIC
chip. The only solution for that is to rework or replace it if necessary
and that's need a good soldering skills to do it.
Warning: If you do not have much
skills on how to to re-ball or install a BGA chip, just leave it to the
experts. Attempting to touch that chip without expertise will cause the
phone dead in no time. [/center]